Extroverts who have this overwhelming tendency to overthink have been known to feel anxiety more potently than others. This is often because this anxiety is suppressed and not easily expressed.
Anxiety is often taken into association with personality. Therefore if a person has a happy-go-lucky personality then he is generally perceived free from any angst. This leads to a split in our personality when we while at one hand become the life of any party, at the same time are faced with introspective questions.
1. A normal day would be summed up in this fashion:
Whenever we try to work towards anything new, our anxious side presents a new reason why we shouldn’t do it. This makes us very conscious about undertaking any newer ventures.
2. We always face a kind of dilemma because..
While on one hand we love people and always wish to be surrounded by them, we need them to be happy. However, our reluctance to trust people makes us extremely selective about who we surround ourselves with.
3. We might have a lot of friends and people surrounding us but..
There are actually very few people whom we trust completely. It is difficult for us to confide but when we do, it is usually for life.
4. It is extremely easy for us to dominate a party scene.
We as extroverts exude charm and so can easily infuse life into any party.
5. We are always over thinking and over analyzing everything.
This is possibly the very first thing we do every morning. Here’s an example from the types of conversation we are having every morning with ourselves. – Ahhh what did I say to that one person that rather die than act like an idiot in front of? Did I talk too much? And what did they mean by “I’ll see you soon?” What does “soon” even mean? Like soon soon? Or “soon”?
6. When dating, we are often labeled as being control freaks.
The truth is quite different from this. Our insecurity breeds this distrust we have for people. And this happens more than you can possibly imagine.
7. Another thing that bothers us quite often is that while we may seem to be very bold and outgoing, the smallest of things can trigger elevated stress levels in us.
Reasons could range from things such as picking up our dry cleaning to making a call to our doctor. The very thought of dealing with a task freaks the shit out of us.
8. This insecurity often leads to epic proportions where we might possibly imagine you dead or in horrible scenarios if you had failed to return our calls.
Yes, we agree that this is hyperventilating. But that’s just how we are.
9. Given the high amount of insecurity we suffer from, we are not really very hard at heart.
It is very easy to melt us down. Even the smallest of gestures can suffice for that. Best part? We’ll never take you for granted.
10. We are our most vocal critics and therefore are always in control of our life.
11. We try to deliberately tire our brain out so that it does not keep us awake all night with useless thoughts and existential questions.
12. We try to be surrounded by people often seeking attention and enjoying upon receiving it.
It is safe to assume that we do not seek isolation but instead wish to enjoy our way through life.