Men despite the effort they put into being “macho”, are pretty vulnerable when it comes to being in relationships and commitment in general.
Here we have tried to list 14 things that men are scared of, in the realm of women and relationships.
1. They might come out of their shells of macho-ness without even realising it
Opening up is a big thing for men, and it doesn’t matter if they agree or not. It is scary because it destroys the image of the strong-warrior-hunter they create for themselves, despite its obvious benefits of letting the emotional juices flow.
2. Their most intense feelings
An extension of the previous point, they are afraid to feel because society asks other things of them.
3. You defending yourself immediately against anything they say
They are afraid of criticising you anyway, because the outcome is uncertain and unpredictable. On top of that if you defend yourself at the first sign of trouble, well they will freak out inside.
4. When you are possessive
They like it, but they are afraid of admitting so. Anything commitment-y is seldom associated with men and they want to keep it that way out of fear.
5. When you don’t own up to your love for them
They naturally assume that they are going to die alone, because no woman will ever love them.
6. The influence your friends have over you
They are afraid of being hated by your friends. Simple. And they are afraid that if they do hate him, you will leave because you value them over him.
7. You guy best friend
Who almost always hates the guy you are dating. They naturally assume it’s because that best friend has always been in love with you and one day you will wake up to the realisation that you have been in love with him too.
8. Of losing you
They just don’t say it enough because they are scared of sounding too desperate. Guys can be just as insecure.
9. Any question related to how you look
You will always find them agreeing to your choice even if they don’t, inside. This is because they don’t know how you will react to their honest opinion.
10. Any question related to what they are thinking about
Because they think about things like Pokemon and sports and video games way too much.
11. Societal double standards that you might indulge in
If you refuse to marry, you are a strong woman. If he does, he comes out as a cowardly person.
12. The labels you associate with him
Because words spread faster than a fire in a wind.
13. The consequences of a divorce
Need we elaborate on it?
14. The possibility of a woman honestly loving him
This is because every woman he has been with, had ended up making him feel inadequate and broken when she left.