We’re now well into 2019 after all the celebrations marking the start of this New Year. As we head into April and leave the festivities behind us, we need to remain optimistic and appreciate all that is beautiful and wholesome in our lives.
Sometimes this is easier said than done. The world can be a hard place and each year comes with its own host of unique challenges. Holding onto the little things that give us happiness is important and here are some pictures of such moments that are guaranteed to make you feel lighter.
These 20 photos will make your day happier.
1. “Two Surgeons After Successfully Removing A Set Of Brain Tumours During A 32-Hour Surgery”
In what may well be the longest surgery done till date, a team of 17 medical professionals worked tirelessly to remove the malignancies in one patient’s brain. The relief and exhaustion
in their postures are palpable and moving.
2. “My Dad Was The Only One At The Office Today, So He Made This Picture And Sent It To My Family.”
Clearly a master at dad jokes, this dad used his alone time in the office well.
3. “What A Caring Mother!”
She loves her baby so much that she’s perfectly content to curl up on the tiny cushion while the puppy snoozes comfortably on her bed.
4. “Love Is All You Need.”
Dogs make the most adorable and loving pets. These lovely pair is almost the embodiment of love.
5. “I Volunteer For A Dog Rescue, And We Love Seeing Updates Of The Dogs In Their New Homes. This One Made Me Smile!”
Not only did this darling dog gain a new family, but this little kid also got a new best friend and the two together are almost too cute.
6. “No DNA Test Needed…”
This mother cat passed on her unique mustache marking her babies as well.
7. “Behind The Scenes Of The New Year’s Eve Celebration”
Confetti left behind by the revelers being cleaned up by sanitation workers. This picture looks like they’re about to break into dance at any moment.
8. “Does Anybody Have A Clue About What’s Going On Here?”
Either this guy’s really famous or he’s playing the most hilarious and innovative prank of the year.
9. “An Elementary School Bus Driver Asked Every Kid On His Bus What They Wanted For Christmas. He Bought Every Child A Gift.”
Curtis Jenkins made every single kid on this bus happy and warmed the hearts of every person who read about his beautiful gesture.
10. “Probably The Best Picture From Last Year: I Call It ‘The Day My Dog Fell In Love.”
Almost overwhelmed by the huge wheels of salami, this dog’s expression is making us fall in love with her as well.
11. “If My ICU Patients Forget For Just A Few Minutes That They’re Stuck In ICU Over Christmas, Then It Was All Worth It.”
Having to stay in an ICU over the holidays is terrible but this nurse went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that her patients got a little Christmas cheer.
12. “Just A Few Witty Frogs Hitching A Ride On The Back Of A Python.”
This bunch of thrill-seeking frogs is using a snake as a train to travel to new destinations.
13. “What Do You See? Cross Country Skiers Or Notes?
Seen from above, these cross country skiers look like they’re actually sheets of music written on the snow.
14. “Eleven Days Ago I Posted A Picture Of The Inside Of My Broken Paintbrush-mug, Then Another Redditor Finished Painting The Scene. Today A Package Arrived That Brought The Whole Thing
People on the internet doing kind things for other people really restore our faith in humanity.
15. “Someone In My Neighborhood Is Making Good Use Of Their Low Hanging Oak Tree Branches This Christmas.”
Using their oak tree, these people created some fantastic Christmas lawn decorations that deserve an award.
16. “One Of The Coolest Selfies Ever!”
Why use selfie sticks when you can just train an elephant to take a kickass selfie with you?
17. “A Monopoly Blanket Crocheted By A Loving Mom.”
hello, please look at this giant blanket my mom crocheted for me!!! pic.twitter.com/TTRQwJAmnZ
— pilot! (@pilotviruet) December 27, 2018
Mothers are honestly the best and this brilliant mom who made a perfectly crafted monopoly blanket for her son is just a living example of that fact.
18. “My Friends And I Built A ‘Chemistree’, And We Hope You Like It! We Used The Periodic Table to Spell ‘Merry Christmas’ In Dutch.”
Whoever’s teaching these kids chemistry must so proud of them!
19. “Two Shirts Purchased Months Apart Forming An Unbroken Chain.”
Sometimes in life you just get lucky and when you do, you need to show the world.
20. “A Loving Hug From A Swan – How Cute Is This?”
This graceful, majestic bird’s love for its human is so evident and powerful in this picture.