We are often told to focus on boosting our self-confidence but hardly ever taught about self-respect. But the latter is equally or more important because it will help us find peace and stability.
Self-respect is useful in both success and failure because it helps us deal with all situations with dignity.
Here are some things you’ll start doing when you gain self-respect.
1. Rejecting an apology if it is insincere.
2. Living life to the fullest.
3. Being active and fit.
4. Always making the right choice, even if it is hard.
5. Standing up for yourself.
6. Only expending energy on people that matter.
7. Not letting others take advantage of your kindness.
8. Wearing the clothes that keep you comfortable.
9. Understanding when someone is right, even if you don’t agree with them.
10. Only getting approval from those who matter.
11. Genuinely feeling joy at the success of others.
12. Letting go off the hypocrites.
13. Social media popularity no longer matters.
14. Eating healthy without following diets and fads.
15. Looking for new adventure.
16. Sticking to your beliefs and opposing corruption.
17. Rejecting alcohol.
18. Living life economically.
19. Realizing that some people cannot be made to change their minds.
20. Feeling no need to be constantly updated on the lives of others.
21. Learning how to change your beliefs if you find out they are wrong.
22. Rejecting conventional stereotypes.
23. Not fearing to go public with your opinions.
24. Prioritizing the different aspects of your life by yourself.
25. Not feeling pressured to constantly prove yourself to others.
26. Understanding the need for solitude and learning about yourself.
27. Not engaging in casual chit-chat but only in insightful conversations.
28. Cutting off negative people.
29. Not putting yourself out to help people who don’t appreciate it.
30. Prioritizing maximum happiness over maximum money.